Duration: Full Time or Contract
Location: Liverpool, UK
Lucid Games are looking for a Concept Artist / Illustrator to realise the vision for an entirely new AAA title and other titles on a range of platforms.
We’re looking for someone to work closely with our Art Directors in the visual development of our games, producing creative and visually inspiring concept art to help our teams bring your artistic vision to life in their designs.
Strong drawing and communication skills are essential for this exciting role, in which you will be working directly with game designers, artists, and writers to develop high quality Environment, Character, Vehicle, Prop, and User Interface designs.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent drawing skills.
- A strong, varied portfolio that demonstrates a variety of artistic styles.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new styles.
- Strong understanding of lighting and colour.
- Visual development skills; the ability to communicate ideas through thumbnail sketches, storyboards and full-colour illustrations.
- A good understanding of character and environment design.
- Experience in working in Photoshop and other 2D digital media.
- 2D Animation skills.
- Some experience at storyboarding.
- Some Graphic Design Skills.
- 3D modelling skills in packages such as Maya or Max.
- Knowledge of game development pipelines.
How to Apply
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
If you think you meet the requirements and are interested in working with the team then send your CV and a demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
With almost 100 staff at Lucid, each with unrivalled experience, our team have worked on some of the biggest gaming franchises to come out of the UK in the last 20 years. From PS1 classics such as Formula 1 97, the BAFTA winning Project Gotham Racing franchise through to recent blockbusters such as Blur and James Bond 007 : Blood Stone we’ve contributed to some of biggest selling games of the last two decades.
Established in February 2011 by senior developers from Bizarre Creations, Lucid has set itself out to be a small team with big ideas and the skills to deliver them.
Our performance over the past few years has proved we are just that. We’ve successfully won contracts to build dynamic new IP, settled ourselves into a shiny new office in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter and completed a number of technically challenging work-for-hire contracts.