Mid-Senior Environment Artist
We are looking for senior 3D artists with a focus on technical environment art to assist and lead our 3D team on the creation of some ambitious environments and environment assets for Gods Unchained. You'll be owning and developing environments from greybox in engine to the finished, lit and post-processed work of art!
Help us create a player-first future
With Gods Unchained we're on a mission to change the way gamers think about in-game property rights. We believe if you earn or pay for an item in a video game, you should own it, and be free to sell or trade it on a whim. You will be contributing directly to this mission by creating AAA quality assets players are proud to own.
Passion for creative technical problem solving
Love 3D modelling, sculpting and texturing? Obsessed with particles and shaders? Are you always thinking of ways to alter meshes, textures or art assets to improve performance? Fantastic - the Gods themselves need your expertise.
Self starter and great communicator
You will leading the 3D development pipeline on making some complex and ambitious assets. You will need to own and iterate on all aspects of these and be able to interface with other teams as well as delegate and receive work from others and juniors. You will need to take initiative on getting things done right and help others do the same.
Day to day responsibilities
- Report to Art Director and VP Product
- Help to develop and manage the 3D team, with a focus on upskilling and developing juniors
- Integrate assets and environments into tech systems
- Collaborate with Engineering and UX/UI departments
- Feedback into and iterate on the 3D pipeline
- Create complex and difficult artistic assets, finding clever solutions to difficult art problems
Skills & Requirements
Technical things you already know
- Understanding of source control
- Expert at Zbrush, Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Expert in at least one modelling package (3DS Max, Maya, Blender or Modo)
- Extensive Unity experience (although Unreal Engine 4 experience is fine, both would be preferred)
- In depth knowledge of material graphs and particle systems
- In depth knowledge of real-time lighting and performance
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please submit your application here
About the Company
The $100 billion gaming industry is on the verge of revolution. For decades, gamers have suffered under the pretense of ownership: purchasing digital assets to which they hold but negligible rights. Now, with the advent of blockchain technology, comes the opportunity to empower gamers with true ownership. At Fuel, our mission is to lead this revolution and transform the space as social and mobile platforms did years ago.
With a small but exceptional team of artists, designers and engineers we are building Gods Unchained: a AAA trading card game where players have complete control over their assets. As we approach launch, we need the help of other talented professionals to help bring our game to the world.
That's where you come in...