Production Coordinators (Glasgow)
Axis Animation is seeking to recruit PRODUCTION COORDINATORS on an ongoing basis to work on next generation game cinematics and commercial animation projects on fulltime as well as freelance contracts of up to 12 months.
The candidate will be experienced in the day to day aspects of production including scheduling, task assignments, and general administration and organisational tasks.
You will also have a passion for, and preferable experience in, animation, VFX and mixed media productions.
The role requires an efficient, effective, organised Co-ordinator with experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We’re looking for a great communicator who can filter feedback from multiple sources in a clear and concise manner as well as a great motivator to help keep their team engaged and focused.
Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
- Scheduling all departments and managing dependencies between departments.
- Reviewing task assignments and approval status daily (inc offsite artists) to ensure the project is on track.
- Compiling weekly status reports summarizing progress, risks and issues.
- Liaising directly with Producer, Production Manager, Technical Supervisors and Creative Director.
- Direct liaison with clients for ground-level deliveries and communications.
- General administration and organisation tasks.
Axis Animation is a friendly place to work, with a strong creative ethic. You must have a real interest in pushing the aesthetic of what we do and an appreciation of what that means for the artists and technology within the Axis studio.
Skills & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience within a CG related environment.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines across concurrent projects is essential.
- The ability to problem solve and flag up potential problems is necessary.
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital.
- Attention to detail is essential.
NB: Although experience in a CG / Animation studio is of great advantage in this post it is not essential and applicants who can demonstrate appropriate skills and experience in production will also be considered. Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2000, Axis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly Axis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Axis were proud to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.