COMBAT DESIGNER - NOVATO, CA
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and personable Combat Designer to join the team and create industry-leading combat gameplay . You'll be the team's foremost expert in your field, and be an example for the rest of the team in your ability to inspire and create outstanding work. We want you to help us breathe life into a new and fantastical world. Together, we will set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems-driven experience.
You're an expert in your craft and want only to dive in and make incredible content. You've got a wealth of experience and information that you're excited to share with the team around you. You're also excited by pushing boundaries and trying risky experiments that haven't been seen before.
- Take ownership over combat systems and the gameplay framework for encounters
- Develop an FPS combat paradigm that is accessible, satisfying, and allows for a high degree of player expression and experimentation within a highly reactive world
- Get creative: look beyond direct conflict, accommodate various play-styles and design encounters that can be resolved through player ingenuity
Skills & Requirements
You love the idea of player expression, and get excited by emergent design and experiences. You're proficient at good encounter design, understanding how AI, tactical space, and player verbs combine to create magic in both scripted and unscripted settings.
- You’ve shipped at least one AAA title as a combat designer, and know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship
- You have Lead experience managing process and a history of leading through example.
- You are self-motivated with great communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- And of course, we're looking for someone who knows, loves, and plays games and who cares deeply about pushing the medium forward
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
About the Company
Cloud Chamber exists to craft unique, entertaining and thoughtful videogame experiences that engage the world. We are hard at work on the next entry in the critically acclaimed BioShock series from our Novato, CA and Montreal, Quebec studio locations.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. We focus on open communication and overall well-being allowing each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.