Senior Level Artist (f/m/div)
Want to build a unique, vast and breathtaking world for a highly ambitious AI-driven MMO simulation game?
Klang is looking for a Senior Level Artist (f/m/div) who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with Art Director and Game Designers to create levels/maps (natural landscape focused)
- Work closely with technical artists on feature development
- Help establish the modeling and texture needs and follow up on the progress and quality of the work with concept artists and 3D artists
- Integrate the produced models and textures into the level
- Creates environment assets and lighting elements of the level and integrate them
- Verifies the quality of the maps once they are implemented into the game and make any necessary improvements
- Maintaining production and optimization pipeline
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of working experience in Level Art in PC Games
- Great sense of scale, proportion, and composition
- Experience with procedural content creation (Houdini: Proficiency in terrain tools, texture/image generation and setting up automated processes)
- Understanding of optimization
- Good skills in one of the 3D packages (Blender, Maya, etc.)
- Ability to follow references, concepts, and art direction as well as the ability to take initiative to carry on working independently
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Good at communicating within an interdisciplinary team in an open and honest environment
- Excellent English communication skills
Not Mandatory, but a huge bonus:
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects
- MMO/open-world experience
- In-depth knowledge of Unity
Benefits Of Working At Klang
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project (https://seed-project.io/) from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary
- Monthly travel pass or Membership with Urban Sports Club
- Well-stocked fridge
- Relocation support
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life. We care as much about you as your skills.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If this sounds like your sort of challenge, please apply here.
About the Company
KLANG IS AN ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT'S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.