Stainless Games are looking for designers to join our experienced team, creating compelling game experiences. Successful candidates would be working on high profile projects across multiple platforms.
We offer excellent conditions and a competitive package in a fun working environment.
- Work closely with your lead to help add definition to the design vision for projects
- Work within small multi-disciplinary teams across a number of platforms
- Work closely with Art and Code to help realise the design vision for the project
- Define UI flow and functionality
- System design creation and balance, e.g. combat, character movement, progression or weapons
- Create balanced character or car focused level designs
Skills & Requirements
- Experience: variable, depending on seniority
- Passionate about design for games across a variety of genres
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Creative thinker able to design elegant solutions to identified design issues
- Able to translate unique aspects of the game vision into new and compelling game design experiences
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Knowledge of Unity
- Knowledge of Unreal
- Proven track record creating assets for a good variety of game genres
- Helped define game designs across a number of platforms from mobile to VR
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply for this job here, remembering to attach a cover letter, CV and link to examples of your work.
About the Company
Stainless Games is a UK videogame developer creating cutting-edge games on all main platforms. Best known as the creative force behind the multi-million selling Carmageddon franchise, as well as the developer for a decade's-worth of Magic: The Gathering 'Duels' titles, Stainless is an established force with a track record of delivering quality titles – Original IP and Work-for-Hire – on time, on spec and on budget.
Stainless is located on the South Coast of the UK, with published projects on Console, PC and Handheld/Mobile ranging from famous, classic arcade coin-op conversions through digital Collectible Card Games to full-on 3D action games.
Stainless’ use of both Unreal and Unity incorporating our own cross-platform technologies enables efficient, rapid prototyping and production of high-quality titles for all major platforms,
We offer a pleasant, fun working environment at our 50-strong studio on the Isle of Wight - two hours from London, with its unique combination of busy towns and 'get away from it all' remoteness.