To create artwork that communicates the creative vision of the designated show’s director and art director, in line with the workflow and pipeline needs and to a consistent style and to the quality level required.
- Timely production of assets and technical breakdowns
- Clear 2D designs and texture callouts to inform other departments
- Creative solutions to technical problems that may arise
- Pipeline and IT tickets.
- Asset tracking
- Completion of assets in line with bid days set.
- Approval of assets in the minimum number of passes possible.
- Handling of revisions and tweaks.
- Approve facial and character rig with Rigging Lead.
- Approve Blend Shapes and Morphs for facial expressions.
- Work closely with the Director to understand overall storytelling and humour of the show.
- Work closely with the animation teams to improve each delivery and in turn reduce retakes as production proceeds.
Skills & Requirements
- Creating 2D designs for different types of assets (characters, props, sets, FX) depending on skill set.
- Proficient knowledge of Shotgun software advantageous
- Creating texture and colour callouts for different types of assets (characters, props, sets, FX) depending on skill set.
- Collaborating with the production and CG teams in order to meet demands of the pipeline.
- Proactively problem solving; creating the IT and pipeline tickets to address any technical problems for the department.
- Logging time into time logging software daily.
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....