Senior Environment Artist
343 Industries has one single mission: Build great HALO experiences. 343 Industries, part of Microsoft Studios, is home to the game industries top talent and we are dedicated to the HALO universe. We build the stories, the worlds, and the gameplay that make HALO what it is today. And we need exceptional artists to help us achieve that goal.
343 has an incredible opportunity for a motivated, experienced and professional Senior Environment Artist who is highly skilled in creating AAA quality worlds for our games. The ideal candidate will have superior execution skills for assembly and building of worlds. You will have exceptional command of art foundations like silhouette, color, light and composition. You are knowledgeable and up to date on modern trends of real time content creation and be well versed in creating highly optimized environments. This candidate will be highly experienced in working closely with design to build fun worlds while balancing visual impact and storytelling.
You should have a strong understanding of the construction process for modern, large scale game environments that accounts for gameplay requirements. The candidate should be highly organized and able to learn in a fast-paced environment. This candidate is expected to be extremely creative, highly collaborative and be effective in acting on feedback. You will work closely with the Lead Environment Artist, Art Director and Design Lead. The ideal candidate must be highly effective and positive in ambiguous situations, able to self-motivate to high performance, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Create Best-in-Class game environments
- Create highly optimized environments for real-time rendering
- Take ownership of the environment and work through to completion
- Constantly improve and advocate for best creation and production practices
- Collaborate with design and fellow artists to build the best game experience possible
- Work in ambiguity while still delivering timely and high-quality results
- Actively seeks out, incorporates and provides feedback from peers
- Highly motivated and contributes to a positive working environment
- 5+ years of environment art production experience for console or PC games
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent World Building and scene composition skills
- Superior eye for composition, form, light, shade, color and detail
- Strong understanding of modern shader usage for environment authoring
- Experience with large scale environment construction
- Highly proficient with industry standard software like Maya, 3DS Max, Softimage, ZBrush, MudBox and Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Highly organized with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent Time management, Creative Process and Production Process skills
- Experience with a modern game engine workflow (UE4, Unity, etc.)
- Experience working with large and diverse teams while working at scale
- Experience working on FPS or sci-fi games
- Experience with Outsourcing
All candidates must deliver a full resume with samples to be considered for this position.
Portfolio review and presentation will be required.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
All candidates must deliver a resume with art samples to be considered for this position. Portfolio review and presentation will be required for all interviewing candidates.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
About the Company
343 Industries has a single mission: Build incredible Halo experiences. 343 Industries is part of Microsoft Studios, and the steward of the Halo universe. We build the stories, the worlds, and the gameplay that make Halo such an iconic and innovative franchise.
Halo is one of the largest entertainment properties in the world. With over 65 million games sold, New York Times best-selling novels, action figures, apparel and much, much more, this multi-billion dollar franchise has revolutionized console gaming and established a rich and expansive universe for its devoted fans. This is your chance to contribute your passion and vision to one of the most exciting intellectual properties and on one of the most talented teams in the industry.