Senior Technical UI Artist
As a Senior UI Technical Artist, you will fulfil a critical role bridging Art and Code. Working closely with the UI Artists, the Art Director and Technical Director, you will ensure the required systems and workflows are in place to deliver effective implementation of world class UI.
You will support in the creation of various UI FX and animations and create the required tools to allow the UI artists to work effectively. We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
- Implement UI components into the game (inventory screens, icons, HUD elements etc).
- Develop and maintain an efficient workflow and working pipelines for the swift and effective iteration on in game UI assets.
- Create tools to aid UI Artists in delivering visually advanced and performant UI.
- Work closely with Lead UI Artist to ensure that a visually consistent and compelling user interface is implemented across product.
- Develop and implement a wide range of visual UI effects to deliver immersive feedback to our players.
- Collaborate closely with design department to ensure all functionality and usability requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure UI assets conform to the defined technical requirements and performance constraints.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives and schedule.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Implement feedback from Lead UI Artist and Art Director.
Skills & Requirements
- A strong portfolio displaying relevant UI or equivalent work samples.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role (console, PC or mobile).
- Excellent technical understanding of UI art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (such as Python, C++).
- Strong interest in the latest advancements in video game graphics and visual trends.
- An understanding of 2D and graphic design aesthetics and design fundamentals.
- An interest in games and current gaming UI trends.
- Experience with 2D authoring tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and After Effects.
- A positive, collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with 3D is a plus.
- Degree in graphic design, UI design, interactive media or similar is a plus.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded by industry legend Leslie Benzies, we are developing an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world multiplayer game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual.
A mix of experienced AAA veterans whose credits include some of the biggest-selling and most loved games of all time, and talented hungry new blood, we are dedicated to creating a creative environment where the best ideas flourish and everyone is able to contribute their best work and be recognised for it.
We have offices in Edinburgh, Los Angeles, and Budapest.