UI Motion Design Artist, NBA
Our studios in Novato, CA; Orange County, CA; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a UI Motion Design Artist to work out of our Novato, CA location.
Skills & Requirements
You will be working with a team of UI artists to provide multiple visually stunning animated UI experiences with producers, engineers, and game designers. Looking for anyone with AAA console experience, film, ad agency or equivalent experience.
- Work with the team to ensure artistic unity
- Using Maya (or equivalent) to implement UI and motion graphics into the game engine
- Turn loose sketch or static designs into a moving/interactive conceptual masterpieces
- Know how to take and offer constructive criticism. Ability to take direction well
- Interface with design and engineering to implement final art into the game engine
- 3+ years of experience
- Comfortable working with Maya or converting to it from similar 3D animation application
- Comfortable working with Adobe Suite
- Must apply Design, Typography and Animation with current design trends
- Excellent communication verbal and written skills and attention to detail
- A strong work ethic is essential – willing to go the extra mile to meet a deadline and to create exceptional work
- Be willing to learn and assemble your work with proprietary game engine tools
- Be autonomous
- Knowledge of video editing, After Effects, and plugins
- Knowledge of any scripting language
- Game industry experience or using TestTrack Pro, Perforce, Shotgun
- Is an avid gamer. We make games and we also play them!
Only Candidates with an online Portfolio or REEL will be considered.
This position is based in California. Please be legally able to work in the United States.
2K Sport's REEL:
You can simply youtube our work from our dedicated fans! Our team does everything from main menu to in-game wipes, lower 3rds, titlecards, etc. using our growing game engine.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.