Senior Environment Artist [Anno] (f/m/d)
Anno 1800 takes players to the dawn of the industrial age, a time of industrialization, diplomacy and discovery. With the world and story of Anno growing, so is the team behind it. We are looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist (f/m/d) who will help create a breathtaking and believable game world. An important part of this role is the creation and integration of high quality assets that are in line with the art direction and maintain a coherent vision of the game’s look and feel.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with mentoring less experiences artists as well as researching new tools and techniques in order to create visually appealing assets in the most efficient manner. A good understanding of ensuring great performance and a high technical quality of 3D assets is a key part of this role.
- 3D modeling assets including but not limited to creation of buildings, props and vegetation assets
- Able to work closely with the Art Director and Lead Artist to maintain a coherent vision of the game’s look and feel
- Passion for the creation of visually stunning 3D worlds and assets whether realistic or stylized
- Maintain a high level of quality while working within design constraints and balancing performance issues
- Participate in the constant improvement of asset production methods and techniques
- Act as a mentor to less experienced artists
Skills & Requirements
- A strong portfolio in line with the requirements given below
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as an artist in video game production
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows, along with the ability to modify and improve existing workflows
- Very good knowledge of 3ds Max, ZBrush, Photoshop
- A great eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Strong skills in texturing and painting
- Proven ability to closely adapt a specific art style
- Being used to managing and organizing work in order to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and great communication skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Experience with Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Good skills in Animation and/or rigging are a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environment props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Examples of both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
How to Apply
To Apply: Click HERE
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
About the Company
Ubisoft combines 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Anno” , "Beyond Good & Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.