Environment (Bunkers & Ruins) Artist
Are you the hard surface modeler with a passion for ruins, bunkers and sci-fi interiors?
Our Environment Art Team
Within Guerrilla, we have four teams dedicated to creating the stunning environments of our games. Our team focusses on the creation of bunkers, ruins and sci-fi interior spaces. We build these 3D worlds and models from scratch, so our world dressing teams can deliver our immersive world with industry-benchmark graphics.
We form a small multi-national and goal-driven group who are creative problem-solvers.
What you will do
As an Environment (Bunkers & Ruins) Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Design, integrate and hard surface modeling of foundational assets;
- Construction of assets used in our environments;
- Environmental set dressing using our custom approach to building;
- Review, feedback implementation, clean up, rework, and firefighting all sorts of problems to meet our visual quality bar for our project;
- Bug fixing, performance/optimization, and polishing all of our work until it shines.
Skills & Requirements
Who you are
Are you an Environment (Bunkers & Ruins) Artist with the following experience and expertise?
- You have a great artistic eye (and understand form, composition, color, light and detail) and an impressive portfolio with a focus on natural settings / environments;
- Experience in with a full development cycle for a game project (experience with an open-world game is a plus) as an Environment Artist is a plus;
- You have versatile game modeling skills, your models are dynamic and clean, and you can deliver them consistently in a timely manner;
- You have experience with Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance and industry standard game editors;
- You enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams;
- You are pro-active in solving issues that might arise during production.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
- If you are up for the challenge, you can apply until July 1st, 2019 by clicking the following link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/guerrilla/jobs/4301917002#app. For more information, please contact Wessel Haytink (Studio Recruiter) through email@example.com.
- Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio where you highlight your best and most recent work. We really prefer seeing images as opposed to videos.
About the Company
Guerrilla is one of Europe's leading game development companies and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. We started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in our games ever since. Today, we employ more than 200 professionals from 25 different nationalities. Our studio is located in the cultural and historical center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands — a great place to work and play.
Guerrilla was founded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller Dutch studios, and acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment after the release of KILLZONE in 2004. In the decade that followed, Guerrilla expanded KILLZONE into a full-fledged franchise with three sequels (KILLZONE 2, KILLZONE 3 and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL) and two handheld spin-offs (KILLZONE: LIBERATION and KILLZONE: MERCENARY). In 2016, the company launched RIGS MECHANIZED COMBAT LEAGUE, a competitive arena-based sports shooter developed from the ground up for VR. Its most recent title, released in 2017, is the critically and popularly acclaimed open world action-RPG HORIZON ZERO DAWN.