Senior VFX Artist
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studio in Foothill Ranch, CA is committed to gaming and technical innovation and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a Senior VFX Artist to join our development efforts on an exciting new open world project! Within this role, you’ll be creating dazzling real-time particles and effects that’ll breathe life into our game world and to complement the User Interface.
- Visualize, create, and implement real-time visual effects that are beautiful yet performant
- Ensure assets are optimized for target platforms while minimizing impact on artistic integrity
- Jump between creating high-intensity environmental effects and subtle UI highlights.
- Collaborate with designers, other artists, and the rest of the development team on needs
- Mentor junior artists
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience within the video game industry as a VFX Artist
- Extensive experience with real-time particle authoring systems, such as those in Unity or Unreal
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Cascade – Niagara a plus!
- Can execute on highly stylized effects
- Good 3D modelling and texturing skills with relevant 2D and 3D software experience (Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Houdini, 3DS Max)
- Strong sense of form, color, and composition as well as the motion of natural phenomena
- Knowledge of visual effect terminology and techniques
- Good sense of timing and weight
- Advanced problem-solving techniques
- A passion for video games
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.