Lead Marketing Artist
We're Modern Wolf, a new games publisher based in London. We specialize in strategy and strategy-adjacent games. As Modern Wolf’s Lead Marketing Artist, you’re helping to create a new games publishing brand almost from its very inception. You’re going to be Employee Number Four, which is a very lucky number according to Employee Number Three, who is a psychic.
You will be the engine of our publishing label’s creative brand content, making key art, graphic design elements, and social assets for our games and the publisher’s own brand. You’ll design our booths for shows like EGX and Gamescom, contribute to marketing planning, and maybe even design some merch. Your work will be the first contact that many people will ever have with our games, so you will be enormously important.
What you’ll do for us:
- Bring to life the branding for our published games, creating key art, logos, design elements, social assets, and selecting fonts and colour palettes as required
- Inspire and direct the visual direction and branding of major game updates and events
- Compose, capture, edit, and optimize screenshots and gifs from gameplay and gameplay footage
- Work with the Head of Comms, CEO, and game developers to plan creation of marketing assets in line with each game’s marketing strategy
- Help storyboard and contribute ideas and concepts for creation of game trailers and branded video content for our website and social channels
- Be the company’s subject matter expert on art assets required for digital storefronts such as Steam, GOG, etc
- Create art assets for social media platforms and video streams, as well as advertising creatives for paid media campaigns
- Maintain brand consistency across a range of digital and print promotional, marketing and event materials
- Stay up to date with industry trends and ensure that our brand stays fresh
- Work collaboratively with external contractors when required
Skills & Requirements
- A passion for video games, especially strategy and strategy-adjacent titles
- Experience as a professional digital designer with an amazing portfolio
- A keen interest in branding and marketing, with experience in identifying and effectively targeting specific audiences
- Strong traditional art skills, and an eye for composition
- Strong and diverse set of abilities to produce the broad spectrum of brand assets needed in a modern games publisher, capable of creating everything from quick thumbnails through to final illustrations and renders
- Experience in creating and editing video
- Experienced in creating art to meet a brief, and being able to estimate time required for a job from the brief
- Confident working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or whatever your software tool of choice is! It’s not like we work for Adobe or something
- Able to work from our office in Old Street, London
If you don’t have every single item on the list above, apply anyway! We’re happy to consider folks from non-traditional backgrounds because above all, we want somebody who clicks with the rest of the team.
How to Apply
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are at Modern Wolf, so persons of all backgrounds and identities are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
To apply, please send a CV with portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
Modern Wolf was founded by games industry veterans in 2019 as a progressive, no-bullshit publisher of top-notch indie games. We work with indie developers of strategy and strategy-adjacent games all over the world. Watch for our announcement at Gamescom in August 2019 to see our first slate of games.
Backed by Paul Wedgwood's Supernova Capital.