Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an innovative 2D Animator to join our new studio Alacrity Arthouse and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
In the Alacrity Arthouse Studio, we support all of Hi-Rez’ game projects with a wide range of art pipeline and creative services starting with direct game art and tech art production and pipeline consultation, but also including cinematics, audio design, and outsourcing support. Alacrity Arthouse is a branch of Hi-Rez Studios dedicated to bring great art solutions to Hi-Rez and other game development studios.
Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed games SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our 2D Animators do:
- Deliver high quality traditional 2D animations in various styles for short form animation.
- Producing 2D effects and frame by frame character animation.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates strong understanding of animation principles and production art pipeline.
- Works collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Is open to direction and feedback, embrace change.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Is experienced with Toonboom Harmony and Photoshop CC.
- Has a strong understanding of perspective and human anatomy.
Even better candidates:
- Background painting/Illustration skills.
- Character design skills.
- 3DS Max experience.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
“Free To Play.” It’s like a four-letter word to gamers – and for good reason. Who wants to get nickle-and-dimed? Who wants to play a game where the “better player” is the one with the bigger pocketbook?
At Hi-Rez Studios, we know there’s a better way. We make Free to Play games that our fans Want to Play. More important, we make Free to Play games that we want to play.
It’s a crazy idea, when you think about it. Giving away games that we spend millions of dollars developing, with the hope that people like them enough to buy costumes. But when you love your games like we do, players can feel it. And they start to love our games too.
We’re proud of the fanbases that have formed around our games. We believe that great games come from great communities – and ours are some of the best.