Senior Concept Artist
Our Concept Team
The Concept Team works closely with Narrative and Design, engaged with creating and inspiring visuals that will help us to define and communicate our game’s vision to the wider studio. The team has a passion for world building by designing amazing environments, vehicles and characters that will later be brought to life in our games.
What you will do
- Create inspiring concepts that communicate the project’s visuals.
- Be proactive and work collaboratively with the wider team to drive our project forwards with exciting ideas.
- Continue to develop the skills of yourself and those around you.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Production Artists to develop and maintain consistent visual direction.
- Work closely with the production team to inform our project timelines.
Skills & Requirements
Who you are
- Proven concept art skills and experience within the gaming or film industry with an accompanying portfolio.
- Excellent fundamental art skills including an understanding of light and colour, silhouettes, and value relationships.
- Confidence when working with photoreal material.
- Great communication skills that will see you supporting and collaborating with other disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop or other digital painting packages combined with the ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
- Provide in depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas.
- Passionate in creating and playing games.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- How to collaborate effectively within a AAA game development team.
- A deeper understanding of how your personal work fits into a grand project vision.
- How best to inform and contribute to a project’s Art Direction as it is developed from the ground up.
- What the game development process looks like from start to finish.
- How to improve your core artistic skills and ultimately become an even better artist!
How to Apply
Sounds good? Send in your CV and your portfolio. We are really looking forward to meet you!
About the Company
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, the first being a battle royal twist to Vampire: The Masquerade. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism. People that follow our guiding principle, “don’t be an asshole.”
Have fun making games
We are fortunate to work with things we are passionate about and we have the privilege of creating entertainment for others to enjoy. We believe that if we have fun making games, people will have fun playing them. Fun is also about daring to do mighty things that allow us to reach levels of achievement. All things said, we want a fun, professional experience & so we all must lead by example.
Share the ownership
We want everyone to feel like they have a stake in the games we make. Our games are not the brainchild of a few people - we own them together. Everyone’s contributions, opinion, and feedback matters. For this to work, everyone needs to respect the big picture and high-level goals of the project. Shared ownership is at the heart of the Sharkmob adventure.
Make smart decisions
We embrace a system of "disagree and commit". This means that we accept that we might not always get our way but we wholeheartedly support decisions we make as a team. Doing more with less and making an extra effort to find the optimal way forward is always valued. We rely on smart decisions to take us further than otherwise possible. Making games is kind of like rocket science—but harder!