Senior Hard Surface Character Artist
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas and opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, in 2019. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
We are seeking a talented Senior Hard Surface Character Artist to join our team and help make great games. The job will require working closely with designers and other artists to create convincing, visually stunning game characters for an unannounced AAA title. The position requires a strong sense of design mixed with videogame art production methods you must be someone that is proficient in next-gen asset creation from high res source to in-engine implementation, and who will continue to push art to the next level.
If you enjoy the challenge of building a wide variety of stunning enemies, robots, weapons, and vehicles- apply now!
- Create high-resolution photo-realistic 3D characters, weapons, and vehicles with minimal supervision
- Ensure consistency and quality of your work
- Create art that is focused on performance as well as how it affects gameplay
- Receive feedback and modify work based on direction
- Collaborate with concept artists and art direction to create high-quality characters
- Work with the Art Director, the Lead Character Artist and the Character Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience making character art for games
- Shipped a AAA title as a character artist
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of form and silhouette
- Basic knowledge of rigging and articulation
- Proficiency in Substance Painter, 3D Modeling programs such as Max, Maya, Fusion 360, Mol, ZBrush, etc.
- Solid understanding of current high-end real-time character creation
- High attention to detail and the ability to faithfully translate concepts and ideas
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire work with the team to find solutions
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Concept or Illustration Experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
CA has built a strong reputation as the go-to co-development partner for AAA action titles, with recent contributions to World of Tanks, Call of Duty, and DOOM. In fact, the highly prolific studio has been the lead developer or co-developer on more than 25 products across 13 different franchises, with combined sales of more than 100 million units. The company’s leadership has taken a calculated, long-term approach to building the business, and is proud of its track record in its first 10 years: profitable every year and never once laying anyone off.
Certain Affinity’s rare exposure to so many top-tier developers, publishers, technologies, and franchises has helped the company build a one of a kind, world-class team and studio ready to take the helm on original game development. The company’s 10-year anniversary marked a significant shift towards lead development, and in addition to continued co-dev work, the company has two full games in development, one licensed IP and one original IP. Certain Affinity is excited to see what the next 10 years hold.