Hello! We’re SYBO and we are here to build awesome and memorable games.
We live to make stuff that you want to play by crafting coolness out of chaos. We're the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do.
At the moment we are looking to strengthen our forces with a skilled 3D Artist for our live-ops team, working on the hugely successful Subway Surfers, Blades of Brim and other runner game titles. You will be working as the main 3D content creator, including characters, props, environments, making sure they get ideas to build on the device.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work close with the Art Director to realise the visual style consistent with the creative vision of the project.
- Drive the artistic benchmark and asset production (2D & 3D) - setting the bar for excellence in the team.
- Mentor & manage the team in creating and maintaining high quality assets.
- Develop and maintain process/pipeline guidelines and technical documentation.
- Work directly with concept artists, UX/UI Designers and game designers.
- Manage and communicate
Sounds interesting? Take a look at the description - and let us know if you are the one we are looking for.
Skills & Requirements
We expect you to have the following:
- 3+ years of experience working with 3D art in games
- Excellent understanding of stylized 3D art.
- Basic knowledge in technical art.
- Expert user of Autodesk Maya.
- Expert Photoshop user.
- Extensive experience with Unity.
- Experience in optimizing graphics for performance on mobile devices without sacrificing quality art.
- Experience creating art briefs.
- Capability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and can-do attitude.
- Used to working in a team, where ongoing giving and receiving feedback is essential to keeping up the fast pass of the workplace.
Nice to have:
- Traditional fine art skills.
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Animation experience.
- Basic understanding of character modelling, rigging and skinning.
- Particle FX experience.
- Experience with 3D software like Max, Blender or similar.
- Experience with other engines ex. Unreal Engine 4.
- Node based shader editing experience.
- Experience with additional 2D and/or 3D packages.
- Run-time performance profiling and optimization experience.
What we can brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- A chance to do the work of your life
- An informal and creative culture where everybody is heard
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- A balanced lunch buffet
- Currently 22+ nationalities
- And a lot of fun - also when working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
We're SYBO, a mobile studio based in Copenhagen, and makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 2 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that keeps you coming back - that's what we're about. We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with.
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion - we are the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do.
Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!