Stainless Games are looking for a lead designer to join our experienced team, creating compelling game experiences across a broad set of platforms and genres. The successful candidate will be working on high profile projects across multiple platforms.
We offer excellent conditions and a competitive package in a fun working environment.
- Lead the design team to create new and exciting game features and content
- Provide leadership, direction and line management to the design team
- Own an on-going design relationship with the publisher and stakeholders
- Work closely with stake holders to establish the games design vision and hold responsibility for the creation and maintenance of any design documentation in support of that vision
- Effectively time manage yourself and those in your team
- Review design elements to ensure a captivating game experience and tweak or re-balance elements falling short of the project design vision
- Work closely with the game director to help add definition to the design vision for projects
- Evangelise the game design within the company and to external stakeholders
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years game development in a senior role
- Shipped multiple titles in a design role where you held important areas of responsibility
- Able to work collaboratively with all departments to develop a game in line with your design vision for it.
- An excellent understanding of past and current game trends
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Detail orientated
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Proven track record working on a variety of game genres and economic models for games
- Experience utilising metrics for game design improvements
- Experience working across a number of platforms from mobile to VR
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
- Experience using Unreal
- Experience using Unity
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please click here to apply.
About the Company
Stainless Games is a UK videogame developer creating cutting-edge games on all main platforms. Best known as the creative force behind the multi-million selling Carmageddon franchise, as well as the developer for a decade's-worth of Magic: The Gathering 'Duels' titles, Stainless is an established force with a track record of delivering quality titles – Original IP and Work-for-Hire – on time, on spec and on budget.
Stainless is located on the South Coast of the UK, with published projects on Console, PC and Handheld/Mobile ranging from famous, classic arcade coin-op conversions through digital Collectible Card Games to full-on 3D action games.
Stainless’ use of both Unreal and Unity incorporating our own cross-platform technologies enables efficient, rapid prototyping and production of high-quality titles for all major platforms,
We offer a pleasant, fun working environment at our 50-strong studio on the Isle of Wight - two hours from London, with its unique combination of busy towns and 'get away from it all' remoteness.