Character Artist - Destiny (Temporary)
We’re looking for talented people to create art for the Destiny universe.
TLDR: Do you want to make kick-ass Space Monsters, Heroes, and Armor for the Destiny universe? Apply!
As a Character Artist you will be working with a team other insane artists to make the vast array of things players get to be, shoot at, and wear - in the expanding Destiny universe.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Work with the team to make brand new characters and armor for Destiny
- Work with the Art Director and Character Art Lead to meet quality benchmarks
- Have a working knowledge of PBR materials (not the beer – though that is a plus with some of the team)
- Be proactive in communicating with different specialists – concept artists, animators, riggers, FX artists, designers, graphics programmers – all various people who depend on you, and you depend upon to get the best work in game
Skills & Requirements
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- Experience in the game industry
- Proficient in at least one tool of high poly modelling/sculpting (zbrush, mudbox, 3d Coat, etc.)
- Proficient in at least one tool of low poly modelling (3dsMax, Maya, Modo, etc.)
- Proficient in at least one tool of PBR texturing (Substance Painter, Photoshop, BodyPaint, etc.)
- Expert Knowledge of at least one bit of trivia you will bore everyone around you with at any opportunity
- Have a natural desire to learn new pipelines, tools, and technologies
- At least one shipped game on PS4, XboxOne, PC
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades to your Light Level:
- Able to do your own 2d concepting
- Experience in doing your own rigging/skinning
- A desire to constantly improve yourself
- A love of the Science-Fiction genre, and the Destiny universe specifically
- Appreciated at least one of the attempts at humor in this job posting
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply at http://m.rfer.us/ACVBg92f0
About the Company
Located in Albany, NY, VV has brought their expertise to global franchises such as Skylanders and Guitar Hero for over 25 years, creating new entries in each series infused with the studio’s signature quality and forward-thinking approach to design. In 2017, VV released the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Triology, a rebuild of the classic games with gorgeous, all-new graphics, met with universal praise from fans and critics alike. Currently, the studio is spearheading the PC version of Destiny 2 (winner of ‘Best PC Game’ at E3 2017) and bringing their passion and talent to new stories and content within the world of Destiny.
Lovingly referred to as the VV Family, the team is composed of a diverse set of highly talented men and women who bring their personal expertise, creativity, and drive to every facet of the games and technology we create. The VV philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is brought to life through our family, who embody our values and soul in their work and play. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun; we have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices.