Redmond, WA, USA
Job type: Contract
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA title is looking for a Technical Artist who will support the environment art team. We are looking for generalists with experience in level management and tools troubleshooting. This position requires a technically minded 3D Artist who has an obsessive eye for details and passion for ensuring game content consistently meets a visual and performance high bar. Strong collaboration and great communication skills are essential as this role will be involve working closely with a diverse and highly experienced team.
• Help artists with everyday blocking issues with content tools and workflow
• Set up and manage technical pipelines related to level production (i.e. source file management/streaming/visibility/collision/physics materials)
• Create technical level reports to team members/leads including: performance reports, statistics, budgets.
• Ensure levels and other content are meeting memory budgets and performance targets
• Coordinate with design team to eliminate any game blocking issues and establish ideal setups for gameplay scenarios
• Ensure all game assets meet production technical standards requirements
• Work with tools developers to augment and enhance content creation and level tools
Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience with Autodesk Maya, Photoshop required. Expertise in other 3D software packages will be considered.
• Candidate must have strong knowledge of modern game environment development principles and techniques. Experience with Level management and optimization on a console project required.
• 2 or more years professional development experience on pc and consoles preferred.
• Candidate should have strong time management and communication skills.
• Candidates should also be able to rapidly grasp new technical concepts and quickly become proficient in new content tool chains.
• Programming and/or scripting experience is preferred in one or more of the following areas: HLSL, CGFX, Python, Mel.
Please send resumes/portfolios to Jack Coleman at email@example.com
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.