2D Generalist Artist
We are looking for a creative and talented Generalist Artist with strong Illustration skills to join our Art Department working on current and next generation casino video slot machine games. The role requires coordination with the game designer, software engineer, sound engineer, art director and fellow artists to give our games exactly the right look to thrill players around the country. In addition to knowledge of existing art packages, applicants must have clear communication skills, a solid work ethic and be able to thrive in a team environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Illustrate amazing high resolution 2D images to be used in a real-time game engine
- Design character and symbol graphics, as well as backgrounds and environments in a wide variety of styles
- Model and texture high poly and low poly 3D objects.
- Research and understand various gaming products and understand their needs as they relate to excellence in art design
Skills & Requirements
- 1-5 years of experience in a comparable role
- Casino gaming art development experience is a strong plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong 2d illustration skills across multiple styles
- 3d modeling and texturing skills using 3D Studio Max or comparable 3D package
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Adobe After Effects & Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Must be flexible to take criticism and iterate until the final game asset is just right
- Must be able to demonstrate solid and well-rounded art skills
- Able to work on time-sensitive projects while following precise direction
- Demonstrate high motivation and creative thinking as an innovative self-starter
- Degree in Digital Art, Game Art & Design or equivalent and/or applicable work experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send resumes and portfolios to Resumes1@itsgames.com
Please note this position does not offer any kind of visa sponsorship
- United States (Required)
About the Company
Incredible Technologies began as a small business start-up in 1985 and has since grown into an industry leader. Now headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Vernon Hills, Illinois, IT employs 230+ incredible individuals. The company’s foundation is built on years of unparalleled innovation within the amusement industry due to the development of groundbreaking game titles including the most successful pay-to-play amusement game in history - Golden Tee® Golf. Today Incredible Technologies has become a leader in casino gaming; with games placed in 29 states, the company is considered one of the hottest new video slot manufacturers in the business.
Incredible Technologies is growing and we believe that every employee plays an integral role in the company’s unbridled success. We foster a culture of innovation and provide a fantastic team-oriented work environment…and because of it we have an unbelievable tenure record – more than half of our employees have been with IT for 9 years or more. Incredible Technologies is a big-time company with small-time values and competitive benefits. We are expanding our dynamic team of personnel to support our continued growth and we are seeking talented individuals who share our same passion for innovation, pride of accomplishment and overall love of the games. Are you ready to get in the game?
Why Should You Join the IT Team?
- We are award winning…. our most recent accolade was the 2018 Top Workplace Award by The Chicago Tribune for promoting a healthy workplace culture
- Prefer jeans to suits? We have a casual dress workplace which occasionally includes a fun pajama day!
- Do you believe in doing good? We hold several annual employee sponsored charity events to support deserving organizations.
- Our people are our most important asset…we foster a friendly workplace atmosphere and encourage employees to connect with one another through fun, themed on and off site events including making use of our employee lounge area where one can enjoy a puzzle, ping-pong, billiards or foosball
- Like to eat? We do We offer fruit and snack days, free coffee, pizza days, an annual Thanksgiving luncheon and so much more!
- “Cel-e-brate good times, come on!” We like to party We have an annual holiday party, we celebrate employee birthdays and we celebrate summer every year with an annual movie night and fall with an annual taffy apple day!
- And as if that’s all not enough…we offer a tremendously comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, DCA/FSA, tuition assistance, flexible work hours and paid time off