Art Department Assistant
Impact Theory is looking for a part-time Art Department Assistant to support our graphic design and comic book art department. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn from some of the most dynamic creators working today.
- Working with our Design Director and Art Director to execute technical art and graphic design needs, such as formatting final files and deliverables, transferring assets internally/externally, organizing and tracking assets
- Assisting the Comics Art Department with various production tasks, including composition, coloring, technical checks
- Assisting the Comics Production Director with various administrative tasks related to tracking and trafficking production assets internally and externally
- Comic Post Production support. Tasks may include: proofreading, preparation of design files for print and digital production, and uploading files for printing and distribution.
- Researching and establishing relationships with outside artists (illustrators, colorists, letterers, inkers, pencilers, etc.) that we will consider bringing on to our publishing projects
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, and Acrobat
- Basic Graphic Design knowledge
- Artistic sensibility - you must have a trained eye and be able to recognize good artwork
- Proficient in IOS and Windows
- Highly organized and self-sufficient
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented, with an enthusiasm for working independently and a genuine drive to achieve beyond expectations
- Positive attitude and a team player. Must be willing to go the extra-mile and wear multiple hats. No job is too big or too small!
- Ability to solve problems creatively in a fast paced environment
- Strong Communication Skills
- Interest in comics, the graphic arts, and "nerd culture" preferred
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please submit a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you apply, please not that you MUST be able to work at our Beverly Hills, CA location.
About the Company
Impact Theory Studios is a well-funded 3 year-old media company that is focused on manga, comics, anime, and film & TV development. We are entirely focused on creating projects that empower their intended audience. In just three years we've launched multiple high-profile properties (including Neon Future with world-famous DJ Steve Aoki, and Hexagon with award-winning writer Michael Moreci) into the market place, partnered with one of Hollywood's most prestigious management companies, LBI, and amassed a social followers of nearly 4,000,000 people. We were founded by Inc. 500 entrepreneur Tom Bilyeu and have grown rapidly year after year. We have a company culture that is second to none. We believe in offering competitive full-time wages, full benefits, profit sharing, unlimited vacation, and a fun work environment. We are hardworking, hold ourselves to a high standard, and create work that is best-in-class. We prize honesty and openness and work as a team. If you want to support your teammates as you create the greatest art of your career in service of projects that entertain and empower the masses, this place is for you.