Senior Concept Artist
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for new characters and character skins.Create detailed and polished final illustrations as requested.
- Create artwork for both reference use by the Art team, and for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game, and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
- Assisting with paintovers of images of models in progress to help direct and guide modellers towards more effective product
- Create callout pages of real world reference for materials and construction of clothing
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, films or animations.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional character designs and environement.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and proportions.
- Strong knowledge of architecture.
- Experience working with realism.
- Experience with hard surface design.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Proficient with Photoshop for asset creation.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to take constructive feedback.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
How to Apply
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
Please send us :
- A Portfolio link
About the Company
Wolcen Studio is a video game development company located in Nice, France.
We released our first title in february 2020: "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem"