Body Animator, NBA - TEMP
Visual Concepts is one of the world's top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
NBA 2K19 continues to redefine the genre with Game Informer stating that it's "The most well-rounded sports game on the market once again." Digital Trends raves "NBA 2K19 is still the king of basketball sims." and Forbes states, "There is no such thing as a perfect sports game, but this is as close as it gets."
Our studios in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a contract body animator.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the lead and senior animators to modify assets meeting game-ready requirements
- Work with motion capture data for both narrative and in-game animations
- Address feedback from lead animator in a timely manner
- Meeting project deadlines and milestones
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in body animation for the games industry
- Shipped at least 1 game as a body animator
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Ability to follow instruction and efficiently manage their workload on their own initiative
- Comfortable with strict deadlines and a fast turnaround time
- Ability to maintain motivation, has excellent work ethics, and works well with others
- Previous Mocap experience helpful
- Working knowledge of Mel or Python scripting is a plus
This position is based in California. Please be legally able to work in the United States.
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.