Unreal Technical Artist (m/f)
You will work together with an experienced team of developers, designers, and artists where you can assume ownership and enjoy creative freedom. While your workplace is our open-spaced office in the center of Hamburg you will be part of a challenging project in close collaboration with our sister studio Deep Silver Dambuster.
As a Technical Artist you play a key role in our game development process. You will be aligning the requirements from our tech and game design teams with the visual goals of the project.
- Assist and support Artists and Designers working with Unreal Engine 4
- Establish and maintain the art asset pipeline for Unreal Engine 4 projects
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established in the Art Direction is maintained and the game runs at defined frame-rates.
- Understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view
Skills & Requirements
- Very good overall understanding of the Unreal package.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with the Unreal Engine.
- At least 1 published AAA title.
- Good understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 material system and PBR.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 lighting, particles and dynamics.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 profiling tools.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- English language- and very good communication skills are required.
- Unreal 4
- Substance Suite
- Scripting experience (Python, MaxScript) as well as experience working with consoles like XboxOne and Playstation4 would be beneficial.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
- Here’s to you! Fresh fruit, free beverages and special conditions for gym membership
- Do it! Personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes
- The Unit! Open office, friendly atmosphere and with professionals always willing to lend a hand
- There you are! Centrally located, bright and modern offices where creativity flourishes
- Have Fun!Of course play some games along the way
- And what else!? Learn more about your new professional homebase
We are looking forward to your application. To give us a more extensive first impression of you, a substantial application will be appreciated. The minimum content should be a short motivation letter and your CV. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.
About the Company
Deep Silver FISHLABS is a Hamburg-based developer and publisher of high-quality video games for mobile and stationary platforms. Since December 2013, the studio is part of the Koch Media Group, a world-leading producer and marketer of digital entertainment products such as software, games and movies. The 90-strong, multinational team of Deep Silver FISHLABS has been making critically acclaimed and commercially successful video games for more than 13 years. The studio’s award-winning portfolio of casual, mid- and hardcore games is composed of own IPs such as Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore and Dead Island Survivors as well as publishing titles such as Warp Shift and Jumping Joe. Deep Silver FISHLABS’ space action shooter Galaxy on Fire - Manticore RISING for Apple TV received a German Developer Award 2015 in the category “Best Technical Achievement”. Two years later, Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore was granted an Editors’ Choice accolade by the iTunes editorial team.