- Responsible for maintaining project timelines and forecasting for all products in development.
- Provides studio-wide risk reports to the Development Director for use in risk mitigation and partner messaging.
- Responsible for studio-wide communication of project status.
- Maintain head-count allocations and long-term staffing projections.
- Collaborate with QA and Department Coordinators to ensure the timely delivery of milestones.
- Ensure clear communication and swift resolution of cross-department dependencies.
- Manage internal/external partnerships and dependencies.
- Collaborate with the legal and finance departments to shepherd external vendor MSAs and SOWs through draft, execution, amendment, and payment.
- Work with Department Coordinators to ensure our JIRA database is an accurate reflection of current and planned work.
- Provide direction to the IT Department on the configuration of our JIRA database.
* This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of production experience in game development.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Very comfortable speaking to and moderating a large group of team-members.
- Well-versed with JIRA, Confluence, and MS Office Suite.
- Must have very good soft-skills and a keen aptitude for navigating complex problems.
- Is comfortable communicating challenging status updates in a calm and pragmatic way.
- Can effectively collaborate with a team that reflects a broad range of experience and personality types.
- Must possess strong time management and estimation skills.
- Highly driven to get closure on outstanding items and tie-up loose ends.
- BFA, BS or equivalent experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.