Lead Environment Modeler
LEAD MODELER – MONTRÉAL
We are looking for a Lead Environment Modeler to work side by side with the directors and leads to carry our vision forward. We want you to set the example, leading efforts to help us breathe life into a new and fantastical world.
Together, we will set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems-driven experience. We are looking for someone that has an extraordinary modeling and texturing skills as well as the ability to communicate direction effectively and manage a team of modelers on a day to day basis.
As Lead Environment Modeler of a burgeoning studio, you will be contributing to establish the visual bar and guides with us as well as material pipelines, team organization, performance guidelines, custom tools and software.
- Create visually appealing, 3D models of natural and architectural elements based on concept art and/or photo reference while extracting the best / brightest details and exaggerating those to a point of caricature.
- Create and compose modular kits and collection sets to form dramatic, believable spaces.
- Work closely with Art lead/Director to ensure that environments and assets match the quality bar and vision for the game’s direction.
- Communicate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals and deadlines are met
- Receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Find and leverage reference suitable for any subject matter and the ability to deliver it to a team of modelers.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and props for AAA games and at least 1 shipped title as a Lead.
- Highly proficient in 3ds Max, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Proficient in Z-Brush and Substance Painter.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction.
- Interest and dedication to advancing your craft, and eagerness to learn new techniques and software, as well as set a standard for other artists.
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team of artists.
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass, volume, light, lighting and color.
- Experience marrying the spirit of concept art and direction with your own point of view in order to expand on any idea, scene, or asset.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- A Passion for games.
- A plus if you have a Foundation in traditional art with ability to concept ideas.
- A plus if you have a Strong understanding of how objects and architecture are built in the real world.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
About the Company
Cloud Chamber exists to craft unique, entertaining and thoughtful videogame experiences that engage the world. We are hard at work on the next entry in the critically acclaimed BioShock series from our Novato, CA and Montreal, Quebec studio locations.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. We focus on open communication and overall well-being allowing each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.