Concept Artist (Intermediate / Senior) - Vancouver
We want to hear from digital artists who are looking for an active role in a growing creative team.
We’re looking for artists who have specialist areas of expertise as well as more general ‘all-rounders’. Previous experience of working in the games or digital art sector is essential.
No formal training is required but demonstrable skill is a must. As well as an eye-catching portfolio we’re also looking for personalities who will fit our culture of innovative creativity and collaborative problem solving.
If this interests you, we encourage you to send us your portfolio and show us what you’d bring to our flock.
Skills & Requirements
Artists at Atomhawk work on a variety of projects alongside their team members, supported by producers who translate our clients’ needs into tangible daily creative tasks. We work at all stages of visual development, from early concepting through to production and marketing.
The following skills are essential for anyone joining us:
- Quality at all stages of the process – Creation of artwork that is well presented and defined from sketch through to final polish. You can see examples of our finished work on our website.
- Design thinking – Solving creative problems through innovative design, balancing form and function.
- Technical skill – Fluency in Photoshop and an understanding of complimentary software and tools.
- Art fundamentals – A strong grasp of colour, light, composition, anatomy, perspective and depth.
- Variety and iteration – The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
- Adaptability – Switching quickly and fluidly to new requirements and processes when required.
- Working to a brief – Understanding creative briefs, then considering elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- Time management – Creation of high-quality work within allocated timescales.
- Collaboration – Receptive to taking feedback and working together with team-mates and clients.
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application form (click here)
We review and welcome all applications and portfolios, so if you are second guessing applying for any reason, please know that we want to see your work! Successful candidates will be invited for a digital interview with members of our Art Leadership Team.
On some occasions, we may require candidates to undertake a short art test. This is to provide an opportunity to demonstrate skills which we have not been able to see in portfolios. Tests are optional and not always required.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide portfolio reviews for applicants that aren’t invited for interview.
What do you need to show us in your portfolio?
Please download and read our portfolio guide, which provides detailed guidance on what we look for in artist portfolios. Following this guidance helps us seriously consider applicants who use it. View and download the guide at this link:
If you’re a specialist, please make sure you demonstrate your breadth within this area. For example, if you specialise in Environment art, we’d want to see examples of environments that you have created featuring a range of genres and subject matter.
About the Company
We are a team of digital artists, designers and problem solvers.
Working alongside industry leading partners, our artists help shape the gaming worlds of tomorrow.
With studios in the UK and Canada, our team is proudly international and diverse.
We are Atomhawk. We bring ideas to life.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required or forced within the art team. This is alongside a competitive salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive benefit scheme.
Atomhawk offer a number of schemes to full time members of the Vancouver team, including:
- 21 days paid holiday per year
- Extended Healthcare
- 'No-crunch' policy, giving the team a great work-life balance
- A studio in downtown Vancouver, close to the thriving Gastown district of bars, restaurants and shops.
- A structured career progression system, including bi-annual appraisals and ongoing professional training and development
Please note we are only able to accept applications from those with legal authorization to work in Canada.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group plc, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.