Lab Support Engineer
We are looking for a hardcore Lab Engineer to provide expert level support as well as solutions for the Development/Test Server Lab Environment. Areas of expertise include many aspects of supporting a secure, highly-available environment including server, storage, network, virtualization, and application troubleshooting. This individual will assist in performing technical evaluations of hardware in response to business needs and strategic direction. This position coordinates with System Engineers, Project Managers, Operations Staff, and Sr. Management to provide and support IT business solutions.
- Provide project status on a regular basis to project manager or coordinator
- Experience with data center, virtualization, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity, data management, and capacity management.
- Oversee the completion of tasks as well as the ability to build, configure, and / or upgrade new or existing server environments to meet functional requirements.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and report on lab requests both owned or delegated, while ensuring quality controls are consistently being implemented across the team.
- Strong aptitude for isolating and repair server hardware failures, and ability to adapt to an ever evolving hardware provisioning model.
- Accepts responsibility for Server Lab technical problems while also mentoring Junior Members of the lab Team through investigation and resolution process.
- Tackle infrastructure projects ranging from performance and scalability improvements, all the way to network and security issues.
- Participates in ongoing process and documentation refinement in order to maintain operational effectiveness of both the Lab and Team.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to work with little supervision and pro-actively propose IT Infrastructure improvements.
- Adheres to Company standards, methodology, confidentiality, and security requirements
- Data Center or Enterprise Server experience creating rack diagrams, understanding power and cooling loads, planning and executing multiple deployments.
- Consistently demonstrates a high level of integrity and professionalism, while also values teamwork, clear communication, and willingness to coach peers.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to express complex technical concepts in understandable terms to the business
- Experience operating large, high-availability, secure, redundant server environments
- Able to estimate work effort, plan, organize time, and foster a collaborative attitude.
- Knowledge of Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, and SAN Fabric switches is a plus.
- Willingness to learn new technologies quickly and have excellent technical research, troubleshooting, and analytical skills (finding and implementing solutions in an always changing environment plays a big role in this position).
How to Apply
Please email your resume to: Christina.email@example.com. I can also be reached via the phone at 425-289-2661. This is an 18 month contract position.
About the Company
Artech's Mission is to provide exceptional IT staffing and project management services for clients time-sensitive and mission critical applications through best value solutions and promoting highest standards of quality, integrity and mutual respect.