Sr. Designer / Illustrator
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and Southeast Asia.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, solution-oriented professionals who are decisive and aren’t afraid to experiment. Like us, they take play seriously; they are passionate about games and in particular, PUBG. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who question the status quo.
PUBG Corp is looking for a Sr. Graphic Designer / Illustrator who will be part of PUBG’s Central Creative team, based in Santa Monica. The Sr. Graphic Designer / Illustrator will be a key player in helping to shape the PUBG IP across multiple fields including Esports, Merchandise, Marketing, Logos and BI/CI just to name a few.
Skills & Requirements
Your role within PUBG
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and leadership
- Create high-quality visuals that set the standard across the industry
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of the work and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Generate templates and designs to support our multiple business needs
- Conceptualize and create engaging marketing collateral, social creative, websites, emails, and digital ads
- Guide and mentor the more junior artists in the team
Skills to create thrills
- 7+ years of experience at an in-house team, ad-agency/digital agency, or game company
- Must have advanced knowledge with the following items: Adobe Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design)
- Drawing, sketching, and digital painting skills for the production of high-quality digital illustrations and iconography
- Core design skills include the ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color theory. You are driven to create and innovate.
- Resourceful, responsive and quickly able to shift between “thinking” and “doing”
- Demonstrate the ability to create high-quality work in a fast-paced environment and is able to incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders from multiple teams
- Self-starter with the passion to actively seek new approaches to improve the PUBG Brand
- A strong understanding of UI/UX conventions and how that applies to Broadcast Packages
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking in Santa Monica!
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year
**Your resume and portfolio showcasing excellent design skills and a strong sense of aesthetics are required. Don’t forget to include references and anything else you’d like to create to help us understand why you’re the best candidate for this position.
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our website.
About the Company
PUBG Santa Monica is the heart of PUBG Global Publishing for Marketing, Community Management, and Esports which employs marketing, PR, community, social media, creative, and esports professionals. They have been introducing Battle Royale to western audiences and the writing a whole new chapter of the video game industry since its early access in Mach 2017.
Located in the downtown Santa Monica, PUBG Santa Monica is overlooking the beautiful beaches of Los Angeles from Santa Monica to Torrance. Sit in one of the hippest restaurants or bars in Southern California, enjoy the sounds of laughter and singing mingled in the evening breeze from the Pacific.