Lead Character Modeller
The position of Lead Character Modeller requires someone with experience in a similar senior or leadership role working on broadcast or film projects. The Candidate must have a good understanding of the concepts of creating appeal and style in their models and have a solid grounding in the art of sculpted form and anatomy. Successful applicants will have excellent communication and team leadership skills, an eye for form and detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production. They will be expected to contribute to the Brown Bag Films modelling pipeline.
Skills & Requirements
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Creation of character assets within the department, maintaining quality of sculpting, modelling and blend shapes on the show to which they're assigned.
- Define, document and communicate standards and techniques for modelling that maximizes efficiency and ensures a consistent quality under the technical specifications of the project.
- Provide regular progress updates to production manager and 3D supervisor on any technical/workflow bottlenecks within the modelling schedule.
- Supervise the quality control (both technically and visually) of the internal and external asset assignments and ensure the outsource partner has clear direction from a modelling perspective.
- Train junior modellers on the show and provide mentorship in your area of expertise.
- A grounding in art and sculpture with a strong understanding of anatomy and appeal when creating characters in various styles.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of topology for animation and rigging and how to create and edit production models.
- Broad experience working as a character modeller including in a leadership role (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work (essential).
- Experience of remote and/or outsource management (desirable).
- With hair/fur or cloth (desirable).
- With asset tracking systems (e.g. shotgun) (desirable).
- In pipeline and in scripting (Mel, Python) for tool development (desirable).
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya & Z-brush.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be open to take direction positively and contribute, through their own expertise, to the creative process.
- Must be eager to participate in further training where required and willing to engage with and help develop new tools and procedures from project to project.
- An interest in mentorship and an ability to train junior modellers is essential.
Please include Show Reel of Previous Work
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the link HERE to apply!
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....