Sr. Concept Artist - Environments, Buildings, Props
We are seeking a Concept Artist who has a proven track record in creating compelling environments for console and mobile games. You will work close with the Art Director, Art lead and other artists, developing high quality environment concepts. You'll have the opportunity to have your work seen by millions of global players. This is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
We offer a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Skills & Requirements
What you'll be doing:
- Create high quality environment concepts from start to finish.
- Sketch, ideate and iterate with the Art Director & lead on buildings, environments, props, and banners.
- Develop solutions for producing environment concepts within our game environment, maintaining a consistent art direction from concept to implementation.
- Provide general compositions and background illustrations for in-game use.
- Work with the 3D department providing assets such as callouts, orthographic views and any other supplemental art that supports the design and narrative of the game.
- Provide feedback support on behalf of the Art Director/Lead for outsource vendors.
Your background and who you are:
- Minimum 4-5 years as a Concept Artist on PC, console or mobile platforms.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a wide range of environment and object design.
- Excellent illustration skills with strong understanding of form and function.
- Expert in realistic and stylized environment concepts.
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with limited direction.
- Experience working in a professional, collaborative and creative environment.
- Experience in isometric game development is recommended (environment tiles, kits)
- Proficient in well composed illustrations with characters
- Proficient 3D modeling in Z-brush, Maya
- Multiple project experience in console / mobile games
- Bachelor’s degree in Art
How to Apply
About the Company
AppLovin is a global leader in mobile entertainment. Its studios create popular, immersive mobile games and its technology brings games to more players around the world. Since 2012, the company’s platform has been instrumental in driving the explosive growth of mobile games, resulting in a richer ecosystem and more games played by millions of people every day. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is one of Inc.‘s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.