Lead Game Designer (m/f/d)
You will be leading a small Combat Design team that is working on a state-of-the-art 3D SciFi game in a positive and productive environment. Your team consists of Game Designers and Programmers who all share one common goal: To create an outstanding gaming experience on consoles and PC with thrilling combat encounters that will leave the players having to make strategic decisions and act fast.
- Work as part of the design team and take responsibility for features, systems, and content.
- Provide mentoring and feedback to other designers and report to directors.
- Collaborate with the other department leads to ensure productive communication and problem solving between disciplines.
- Work with production to assist and provide feedback on high-level plans and schedules.
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the creative staff, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable.
Skills & Requirements
- 7+ years of experience in core gameplay design roles
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design vision and to align that vision with internal partners and an intended audience
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game systems and features using various tools, technology, and visual language
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on gameplay systems, art, and content development
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams toward a unified goal
- A clear understanding of the creative and game development processes
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and techniques, and trending audiovisual excellence
- 5+ years of experience in combat design roles
- Experience managing, and/or mentoring others
- Additional experience such as in coding, level design, UI, art and/or audio
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click here and apply with just one click by linking your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.
About the Company
For more than 15 years Deep Silver FISHLABS has been creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. We joined the Deep Silver / Koch Media family in late 2013 and, since then, we have continuously raised the quality bar. Today, we are one of three internal development studios run by our parent company, alongside Deep Silver Volition in the US and Deep Silver Dambuster Studio in the UK.
We specialize in high-end 3D games for consoles and PC. With a strong development history and award-winning portfolio of mobile games; such as blockbuster space-action shooter Galaxy on Fire: Manticore and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors; we are currently developing thrilling titles for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.