Associate Art Director
Support the Art Director in the implementation of the project’s artistic vision and carry out preliminary reviews of the elements produced by the art teams.
- Help in establishing the artistic vision of the project through different means, including research, references gathering, sketching, making concept art and others in collaboration with the Art Director;
- Regularly communicate expectations in terms of the artistic content and quality to the teams by referring art team members to the relevant documents and visual references whenever necessary in an effort to support the Art Director;
- Communicate the quality and content expectations for the atmospheres, settings, characters, etc. to the team members using effective visual references and documents that describe the artistic direction;
- Follow up on and validate the work of the art team to ensure that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and that the quality objectives are met as expected;
- Coordinate the preliminary validation of the elements produced based on the artistic vision or follow up on and validate the data produced by the teams so that it meets the standards set out in the artistic vision;
- Regularly inform the Art Director on the progress of the work to be done by the teams to ensure that the Art Director is able to assess the progress of the deliverables;
- Work with the individual artists in order to make sure that the art elements are aligned with the art direction.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience working on AAA games;
- Strong traditional art foundations including, but not limited to, concept art, conceptual design, and illustration including lighting or color keys;
- A deep understanding of a variety of art 2D and 3D software packages, knowledge of engine and tool sets necessary to generate assets;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it;
- Problem solving skills;
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner;
- Excellent drawing skills.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills and a portfolio of your best work (attach images/ your personal website/ online portfolio) using this link.
About the Company
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than five years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. Right now, after 12 years, more than 16 released games, and increasing its teams almost six times to 200+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is working away on contributing to three of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including the recently announced Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Skull & Bones, and Beyond Good and Evil 2.
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.