Generalist Technical Artist [Avatar Project]
As a technical artist working on James Cameron's world of Avatar you'll be a part of an ambitious team working to improve processes to make sure we reach our goals of delivering a truly immersive world on Pandora. You will be responsible for pushing the visual quality and the tech behind our art by supporting and developing cutting edge tools to develop and improve workflow and pipelines.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Supporting the environment art team by improving processes
- Solving ad-hoc problems in regards to tech art and developing efficient pipelines
- Pushing the quality and looks of the game by developing scalable solutions
- Collaboration on a day-to-day basis with other disciplines such as programming, art and design to understand needs, blockers etc.
- Developing shaders, textures and meshes
- Evaluating rendering and memory cost of game environments and assets
You as a person
By communicating clearly - and often - with your peers and other teams you're always one step ahead when it comes to defining goals and how we can improve our workflows to reach our ambitious goals faster and easier. You thrive when goals are met and recognize opportunities for improvements miles away; this means that you're happy when you can be creative in your problem-solving approach and have a list of potential solutions ready, both in and outside the box to keep us on our toes. Your understanding of other disciplines and their needs makes it easy for you to cooperate with people, and this way you become the trusted go-to person for everything related to the wider scope of technical art.
Skills & Requirements
- Professional experience working with DCC packages
- Working knowledge of constraints of rendering technology
- Knowledge of creating shader effects
- Experience writing tools using Python or similar
- Understanding, and ideally experience with console profiling tools
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through our website by clicking the following link: Generalist Technical Artist
About the Company
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 48 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.