As a Concept Artist, you will be a key resource in the creation of all visual aspects of the product. Working closely with the Creative Director and Art Director, you will excel in creating inspiring imagery, well considered vehicles, weapons and environments as well as fast iterative designs.
You are an outstanding artist with an excellent understanding of form, design, architecture, anatomy and art fundamentals - as well as a strong interest in modern media and current trends.
- Partner and collaborate with the Creative director and Art Director to own and define assigned aspects of the project as directed.
- Create concepts, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire.
- Provide visual solutions to problems in collaboration with the broader game team including other artists, art leads, and design leads.
- Work with technical disciplines and engine team to improve workflow.
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Line manager or authorized person with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in the creation of high quality concept arts for the games or film/TV industry.
- Outstanding painting and rendering ability.
- Expert knowledge of art and design fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of architecture, product design and anatomy.
- Expert understanding of colour theory and lighting.
- A passion for games and gaming culture.
- An on the pulse understanding of current design trends and game aesthetics.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong experience with current 3D modelling tools such as Zbrush a plus.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded by industry legend Leslie Benzies, we are developing an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world multiplayer game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual.
A mix of experienced AAA veterans whose credits include some of the biggest-selling and most loved games of all time, and talented hungry new blood, we are dedicated to creating a creative environment where the best ideas flourish and everyone is able to contribute their best work and be recognised for it.
We have offices in Edinburgh, Los Angeles, and Budapest.