Technical UX Designer
This is a 40 hour work-week contract opportunity with our Game Studio client in Redmond, WA.
Our client is looking for a Technical UX Designer to join their team on the next AAA shooter experience. As a Technical UX Designer, you create user interface systems for menus, navigation, player customization, and the HUD. Working with teams across the studio to design, implement, and deliver a wide variety of features from spec to screen, the Technical UX Designer takes paper ideas and makes them real from start to finish.
- Partner with other Designers to create feature specs and flows to articulate the user experience
- Collaborate with Designers, Producers, Engineers, and Artists to rapidly create in-engine prototypes
- Deliver features at quality and on time
- Implement, troubleshoot, and polish final on-screen experiences
- Drive open communication across disciplines
- Represent users of all types by creating experiences that are accessible to everyone
Skills & Requirements
Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of experience as a designer/developer shipping games or consumer-facing services
- An online portfolio of shipped interactive features
- Deep understanding of object-oriented scripting and markup languages (C, LUA, and/or others)
- Ability to pick up complex tools and familiarity with gaming industry tools and pipelines
- Talent for identifying and solving complex user experience issues
- Strong cross-disciplinary collaboration ability that makes team members and experiences better
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Intense attention to detail and quality
- Passion for games and all types of gamers
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!