Senior Vehicle Artist
Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead 3D Vehicle Artist to lead the creation of a variety of vehicles in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
In this role, you will help to inspire and create the vehicles & gameplay assets for a new & exciting project aimed at a western audience. The perfect candidate will be passionate about hard surface 3d art, highly conceptual, have a strong mechanical background, which includes animation design, setup and optimization.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to communicate the vision of the Art Director to the vehicle team while developing a solid and efficient pipeline for asset production that will stay in place for years to come.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, a solid singing voice, sweet dance moves, and an ability to pun will all stand you in good stead.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
The Lead Vehicle Artist will report to the Art Director
Skills & Requirements
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the Art Director, designers, programmers on object specifications and deliveries
- Translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets as required, setting a quality bar for other artists to follow
- Design, construct, document and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets.
- Prototype new techniques and approaches.
- Motivate, mentor and inspire the vehicle art team, guiding them through various stages of production with clear direction.
- Create high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
- Accountable for vehicle art team deliverables, ensuring that they meet the defined objectives, and scheduled requirements.
What are we looking for?
- 6+ years production art experience in the gaming industry with at least 1 year as an Art Lead
- At least 2 published games
- Proven ability to create exceptional high-poly and low-poly models and textures
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Strong understanding of PBR shader development and lighting
- Solid knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and other 2D/3D applications
- Diligence around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to optimization and asset management.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- Unreal 4 development experience
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept environments and props
- Samples of your work displaying clean High Poly to Low Poly bakes, strong understanding of material variation & photo realistic texturing
How to Apply
To apply please follow this link: https://grnh.se/5127cd521
About the Company
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!