Senior Character Artist - RPG Team
Playground Games is seeking an Senior Character Artist who will be responsible for creating a diverse variety of characters needed to realise the vision for an entirely new AAA open world action / RPG project.
As Senior Character Artist you’ll also have experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including materials, asset optimisation and the creation of meshes with clean and functional topology, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
You’ll of course be familiar with industry standard software packages such as 3DSMax or Maya, as well as having extensive experience with Mudbox or ZBrush. Your knowledge of human anatomy will be well developed and you’ll have a good level of understanding on best practices to suit animation and engine requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience of working on published AAA titles on current-gen consoles with at least a AAA title released
- An strong understanding of technical considerations for character creation
- Strong knowledge with latest version of Zbrush or Mudbox
- Good understanding of current generation production workflows in relation to character art production
- Strong understanding of human anatomy and it’s proportions
- Strong understanding of creating meshes with very clean topology for deformation
- Able to communicate with technical team members
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your in-game character art work to very high standards
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills
- Good understanding of clothes creation software such as Marvellous Designer
- Good knowledge of textures creation packages such as substance Designer and substance Painter
- Good traditional art foundation
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is currently looking for World-class talent to join a brand new open-World project, set within a genre entirely new to the studio. If you’re the kind of artist who relishes the notion of helping to define compelling universes rich in story and detail, then make sure to check out the available job postings below.
Established in 2010, Playground Games was formed by bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from the UK industry; all with the vision of developing genre-defining titles for a global audience. Since then, Playground has created three critically-acclaimed, award-winning hits in Forza Horizon, Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Horizon 3.