Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Are you a computer graphics artist with a passion for visual storytelling? Have you used Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or Marvelous Designer to bring your creations to life? Do you have an eye for composition, detail, color and lighting? Love to collaborate, and take pride in your own work? Excited to learn and grow? If all these things describe you, we might have an awesome role for you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is seeking a self-motivated and experienced hard surface artist to join our fantastic environment team to create environments and props for the WWE 2K franchise. As an Environment Artist, you will model, texture, and light a variety of authentic locations, arenas and venues. Your willingness to take on a variety of environment related tasks based on current needs is important. We’re looking for someone who gets excited by the learning and growth that comes from new challenges, and who is passionate about making high quality games.
Skills & Requirements
What You Will Do:
- Create high quality environments, props and set dressing for a variety of locations in our upcoming title
- Contribute to and interpret the visual style of the game to produce consistent models and textures
- Utilize tools to ensure texture assets are fully optimized for target platforms while maintaining the highest possible quality
- Estimate work timelines and contribute to team schedules and goals
- Proactively seek feedback from the Art Director to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met
- Collaborate with other artists and other dependent departments, throughout the production process
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience as an Environment Artist for console games
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in the creation of high-end environment assets
- Strong art skills and experience creating physically accurate materials
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, Substance designer/painter and/or other technologies utilized in game art production
- An eye for photorealistic environments and texture creation
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural design, environment lighting, dense mesh modeling, and normal map creation
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated (we are a very flat organization!)
- A passion for sports and wrestling
- Experience in lighting environments
- Experience creating environment assets from photogrammetry scan data
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback to outsourcers
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.