Animation (overseas) Supervisor - Bangkok
Looking for an amazing Animation Supervisor for our partner studios in Thailand!
The successful candidate will work for Brown Bag Films as their client, while being based full time in Thailand onsite with our partner studios. This hire will be contracted via a 3rd party however you will be working closely with Brown Bag Films to fulfil this key role.
**Essential to have existing right to work in Thailand.**
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of Overseas Animation Supervisor requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D animation and a good understanding of production schedules from milestones from blocking through to final lighting.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
They will have a well-developed 'eye', a good working knowledge of animation, art, design and film.
The Overseas Animation Supervisor takes creative lead from BBF Animation directors'.
Skills & Requirements
- Understand and clarify BBF milestone notes and oversee milestone pass deliveries.
- Review and deliver milestone passes with top line QC notes to BBF for each stage including Blocking, Rough and Final Animation, Lighting and FX keys, Final Lighting and Retakes.
- Confirm that OS studio is maintaining schedule and agreed headcount to meet episode and project deadlines.
- Work closely with the animation team onsite to produce first class animation
- Immediately flag concerns and propose solutions with BBF regarding OS schedule obstacles or creative execution.
- Weekly reporting with project Production Manager and other concerned parties depending on appropriate milestone pass.
- On occasion approve shots when specifically requested by BBF
- On occasion approve animation cycles and references for secondary characters
- Right to work in Thailand - essential
- Proven track record of understanding a production schedule and overseas milestones from Blocking though Final Lighting.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as an Animation Director/Supervisor in Long Form 3D animation Television Series. Must be comfortable with outsource management with an emphasis on clear communication and follow through.
- Excellent communication skills with experience working a communicating in a matrix structure an advantage
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in the finishing of assets and shots.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
- Must be passionate about character animation and acting
Brown Bag Films is an equal opportunities employer who take diversity and inclusion seriously. As a company we provide high quality kids content and our aim is to have diverse characters so that all our audience feel represented. We also want the same for our own workforce and BBF is committed to looking for all kinds of talent to build a diverse workforce in which all social groups are represented.
How to Apply
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....