Lead Environment Artist
As Lead Environment Artist you will define the quality of our 3D environments while managing a team to deliver consistent high-quality environmental assets and locations.
Overseeing and managing a team of talented artists you shall - though an excellent approach to production and communication and expert hands on 3D capabilities - drive the team to produce a wide range of exceptional environments.
You are a meticulous well organised leader with a strong hands-on background, a passion for environmental 3D art, set dressing, lighting and texturing and a passion for sharing and mentoring.
- Collaborate with the Art director and the Concept Lead to define the visual quality goals for 3D environment art content.
- Lead a team of Environment Artists in the creation of a variety of 3D environment art content.
- Oversee the quality of environment art content through all phases of production.
- Manage and advance an organised pipeline and environment art workflow.
- Work with technical disciplines and engine team to improve workflow.
- Work with production team to manage team deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire team members, guiding them with clear direction.
- Be able to create high quality, high resolution 3D assets, UV maps and textures and other content matching all technical and artistic requirement.
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Line manager or authorized person with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties.
- Stay up-to-date on the capabilities and workflows in Game Engine and other authoring tools as provided and used by the company.
- Ensure assets and environments conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Mentor and inspire team of Environment Artists.
- Implement final assets into the game engine - creating well composed environmental ‘best practice’ locations to serve as a visual guide for Level Design.
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience in 3D asset creation.
- A minimum of 6 years professional experience as an Artist in the games industry.
- A minimum of 2 years as a Lead Artist in the games industry.
- Expert experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- Expert experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as Substance.
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded by industry legend Leslie Benzies, we are developing an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world multiplayer game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual.
A mix of experienced AAA veterans whose credits include some of the biggest-selling and most loved games of all time, and talented hungry new blood, we are dedicated to creating a creative environment where the best ideas flourish and everyone is able to contribute their best work and be recognised for it.
We have offices in Edinburgh, Los Angeles, and Budapest.