Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are proud to be named one of the UK’s Best Places to Work by GamesIndustry.biz.
As a 3D Artist you will have the opportunity to work on high quality assets in one of our exciting games. You will apply your keen visual and sculptural skills on a range of artistic styles covered by Frontier's diverse and growing portfolio. You will also need to be able to combine your understanding of a visual style to take even a loose sketch to an inspiring location in-game.
- Create and maintain fully textured 3D prop and modular assets, and to be undaunted working with large-scale locations
- Collaborate with the team to maintain the highest-quality throughout the game world
- Work with Designers to ensure environments are unified in both fidelity and play experience
Skills & Requirements
- Solid skills in hard surface modelling, preferably in Maya
- Proven skills in photorealistic surfacing using tools such as Substance or Quixel
- Experience with PBR and real-time engines
- Great understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting and colour
- A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into the environment
- Strong traditional art skills
- Proven observational skills. You won’t be able to tell good lies if you don’t understand the world around you
- Communicate visual ideas within the team quickly, through well-honed drawn skills, both digitally and in traditional media
- Experience in working on a game team either commercially or on a completed mod with multiple releases
- Modelling skills outside of hard-surface; versatility is valuable
- Experience in organic modelling using ZBrush, Mudbox or similar
- An appreciation of stylised modelling and surfacing
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 400+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
How to Apply
About the Company
At Frontier we strive to create games that will put both Frontier and the games industry itself at the forefront of the world entertainment industry. Located on the Cambridge Science Park, Frontier has thrived over the subsequent three decades. We have built a uniquely diverse catalogue of games – enabled by our Cobra technology – that has defined genres, earned critical acclaim and won a place in the hearts of millions of players. Having worked with a succession of top publishers we now self-publish our own high quality, innovative games of different genres that embody our world-class expertise across all major gaming formats.