The position of Groom TD requires someone highly artistic and technical with a thorough knowledge of 3D software and Fur/Feather/Hair Systems, with several years of experience working on broadcast or film projects. This profile will also serve as mentor for all Groom Artists within the Texturing Department. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production. Expected to help build Brown Bag’s Groom Workflow and Technical Pipeline.
Skills & Requirements
Key Areas of responsibilities
- Works closely with the Art Director/CG Supervisor to set the required groom look for show.
- Creates Groomed Assets and shot Launch notes via Shotgun.
- Will be assigned and deliver a weekly quota of tasks as set by production management
- Provides regular progress updates to Production Manager and CG Supervisor on any technical/workflow bottlenecks within that project’s Grooming schedule.
- Supervises the quality control (both technically and visually) of the external Groom assignments and ensure the outsource partner has clear direction (setting up groom, following workflows, QC and Review steps).
- Serves as the technical liaison between Lighting, Texture, Look and Pipeline Depts – for anything related to groom (fur/hair/feathers).
- Collaborate closely with VFX Supervisor, Lighting Dept Lead, Texture Dept Lead and Pipeline Dept to help evolve the Grooming Workflow and Technical Pipeline, includes documentation
- Help to improve efficiency, which includes assisting upstream departments with how they must deliver assets to the Groomers properly
- Help reinforce that all technical guidelines and rules are followed correctly
- Provide mentorship and support for the Groomers, both creatively and technically, to assist they deliver their goals
- Collaborate with the VFX Sup and Recruiting to help identify top talent for grooming
- Collaborate closely with Texture Department Lead to ensure Shading (and Groom) works well within the rendertimes defined per project guidelines
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 22 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), six Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.