Creative Assembly are looking for talented Technical Artists who are keen to make their mark on the Total War Franchise. This role is based at our Studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Technical Artist, you will be pushing the quality and efficiency of art in our games. Joining the core technology team, you will work with other technical artists, with the graphics and tools teams, and with game teams to further the technology on which multiple titles are built.
As a Technical Artist, you must be able to manage time effectively, be a versatile problem solver and have the expertise to inspire and mentor others to excellence.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide technical support to artists across multiple projects while pushing pipeline and technology development in the core technology team.
- Improve and optimise the art workflows and processes in general, as well as introduce new practices across multiple game teams.
- Create, maintain, and review workflows, tools, and pipelines, and form innovative and creative solutions to improve quality and efficiency of art content, and improve the working lives of the artists.
- Liaise with programming teams and bridge communications between project teams, departments and between multiple game teams at CA.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python/C++/C#
- Understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix maths)
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines
- Houdini/procedural generation experience
- Substance Designer / Painter experience
- Have experience as an artist in the games industry
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.