We're currently looking for a Concept Artist who can set a high bar of quality, consistency and creative vision with gorgeous concept art for Proletariat’s game projects. The ideal candidate is a talented digital illustrator who creates brilliant, iconic work in a variety of styles, can describe a visual idea with a few sketchy strokes (if necessary), can render concepts in exquisite production detail, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership on projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete a small art test.
We are looking for this concept artist to either have a specialization in Environment/World art, Character/Creature art, or a generalist who can work comfortably in both areas.
- Collaborate with our Art Director, Game Designers, and Product Managers to shape ideas, visual style, and production-ready concept art
- Create concept and key art that meets or exceeds the goals for design, technical requirements, and visual direction
- Work with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Incorporate internal and user feedback to iterate on project visual direction
- Ability to successfully manage and provide feedback to 3D production artists working with project concept art.
- Work in an organized manner.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience creating and delivering high quality concept art and illustration work for games
- Experience creating high quality concept art for a variety of game asset disciplines (characters, environments, hard surface v.organic, FX etc.)
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- Enjoys playing a wide variety of games.
- Non-game concept art experience
- Experience creating work in 3D pipelines
- Experience creating 2D work for game marketing
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply directly to this position here!
See all our other non-art related job postings on our job board.
About the Company
Proletariat Inc. was founded in 2012 by a group of game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac who were hell-bent on pushing the boundaries of multiplayer games while demanding a level of quality unheard of for a small studio.
Our first major title, World Zombination, debuted in early 2015 as a coveted “Editor’s Choice” on the iOS App Store. On its way to attracting 4+ million players across the world, it went on to be named to Apple’s “Best of 2015” list and developed a reputation for AAA quality and depth to the mobile MMO landscape.
Today, we continue to work toward our studio's mission to deliver groundbreaking multiplayer titles focused on outstanding audience-first experiences. Our next AAA-quality game built on these principles is the currently in-development Spellbreak, a battle royale RPG with epic spellcasting that is now in Closed Beta.