Technical Asset Artist
Technical Asset Artist
Hard Surface production pipeline – from a technical perspective
Our Hard Surface Art Team
Within Guerrilla, our team is dedicated to creating all hard surface assets for our game, varying from preparing assets, outsourced assets, texturing, shading and providing technical support.
We form a small multi-national and goal-driven group who are creative problem-solvers.
What you will do
As a Technical Asset Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Prepare assets for our engine (Decima) and ensure they integrate efficiently in our game;
- Troubleshoot problems on (re)integration of outsourced assets;
- Assist with baking normal maps, texturing and shading of our assets;
- Provide technical support to the asset team;
- Ensure all assets function correctly in-game and meet all technical requirements;
- Assist with sculpting assets;
- Contribute to any part of the Hard Surface production pipeline when necessary.
Skills & Requirements
Who you are
Are you a Technical Asset Artist with the following experience and expertise?
- You have a great artistic eye (and understand form, composition, color, light and detail) and an impressive portfolio with a high variety of assets;
- You are a technical 3D artist with experience in sculpting and modelling;
- You have experience in Substance Painter/Designer and an advanced understanding of Zbrush and Maya;
- You are articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language;
- You enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams;
- You are pro-active in solving issues that might arise during production;
- Experience with a full development cycle for a game project (experience with an open-world game is a plus) as a (technical) Asset Artist is a plus.
How to Apply
If you are up for the challenge, you can apply until August 1st, 2019 by hitting the “apply now” button. For more information, please contact Wessel Haytink (Studio Recruiter) through firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply by following this link: https://www.guerrilla-games.com/join/technical-asset-artist-1
Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio where you highlight your best and most recent work. We really prefer seeing images as opposed to videos.
About the Company
Guerrilla is one of Europe's leading game development companies and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. We started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in our games ever since. Today, we employ more than 200 professionals from 25 different nationalities. Our studio is located in the cultural and historical center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands — a great place to work and play.
Guerrilla was founded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller Dutch studios, and acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment after the release of KILLZONE in 2004. In the decade that followed, Guerrilla expanded KILLZONE into a full-fledged franchise with three sequels (KILLZONE 2, KILLZONE 3 and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL) and two handheld spin-offs (KILLZONE: LIBERATION and KILLZONE: MERCENARY). In 2016, the company launched RIGS MECHANIZED COMBAT LEAGUE, a competitive arena-based sports shooter developed from the ground up for VR. Its most recent title, released in 2017, is the critically and popularly acclaimed open world action-RPG HORIZON ZERO DAWN.