As an Environment Artist you will join the art team with the task of taking the levels of our game from early blockout into final polish.
In the early blockout pass you will make blockout assets and use these to build environments, laying the best possible foundation for composition, colour, gameplay, lighting and story.
In consecutive passes you will finalize assets while constantly working to improve the aesthetics but also performance and other technical and gameplay aspects of the levels that you work on.
Working closely with the art team and other departments, we expect you to be active in both seeking and providing feedback, always with the goal of making the best game possible.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 2 years of professional game development experience as an Environment Artist.
- Ability to make highly optimized game ready assets.
- A great intuition for colour, composition, light and atmosphere in game environments.
- Experience working with Modo is a strong plus (as we work exclusively with Modo in the Environment Team).
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer.
- Previous experience working in Unreal Engine 4 is a plus.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this position please send an introduction letter in English and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
Hazelight is an independently owned game development studio, in March this year we released our first title A Way Out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. We have now embarked on our next creative adventure. Hazelight is led by Josef Fares, writer and director of A Way Out and Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons.
At Hazelight we have a company culture of direct constructive feedback, always based on what would be best for our game. You must be ready to take responsibility and work efficiently and independently on assigned tasks within set deadlines. It is important that you thrive in a team setting since we are working in an open office environment.