The “Dinosaurs & Robots” (working title) project, under the co-creative direction of The Almeida and Factory 42, will combine the latest mixed reality technology from Magic Leap with immersive theatre to create two separate adventure game visitor experiences, exploring multi-sensory and truly interactive worlds. In the iconic rooms of the Natural History Museum and Science Museum, visitors will play the role of detectives and meet and interact with a cast of digital characters, from androids and artificial intelligences to velociraptors and fossils.
The project is led by Factory 42, creators of the multi-award winning interactive virtual reality experience Hold The World with Sir David Attenborough at the Natural History Museum, in conjunction with Sky.
Join a world-class creative team that includes some of the UK’s leading theatre directors, computer game designers and developers, 3D audio, multi-sensory technologists, animators, graphic designers, writers, actors, artists and researchers collaborating with museum curators and academics.
- Working with stakeholders to define and deliver the artistic vision of a cutting-edge Mixed Reality project.
- Directing, managing and mentoring a small team of artists and animators.
- Scheduling and maintaining planning foresight.
- Take part in improving pipelines and work methodology.
- Identify risks and alert the Leadership Team.
- Develop a unique and consistent artistic identity for the project in conjunction with physical set designers and the Creative Director.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of leading teams on entertainment projects to produce creative work of an exceptionally high standard.
- Portfolio demonstrating artistic flair, a keen eye for detail, and experience in creating photo-realistic real-time graphics.
- Proven ability to create and light realistic 3D rendered environments.
- One or more shipped game/entertainment products in a lead position.
- Strong knowledge of 3D modelling, rigging, lighting, texturing and rendering techniques.
- High level of expertise at using Unity.
- Strong graphic design and User Interface experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in an art role in the entertainment industry.
- Good general knowledge of most all aspects of game development processes from concept to completion.
- A passion for VR, AR, MR and immersive experiences.
- Experience with VR, AR, MR or other immersive technology projects.
- User Experience (UX) design experience.
- Experience of developing for fixed platforms such as games consoles.
- Experience of creating a launch title for a games console.
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- Shipped an AAA title.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Factory 42 is an immersive and television content production studio.
Using cutting-edge advanced imaging technologies including virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality our multi-award winning creative team develops unique multi-sensory experiences for broadcasters, brands, destinations and artists.
We mix the best talents from the worlds of film, television, games and performance with the smartest technical minds to deliver premium experiences across virtual reality, augmented reality and other forms of immersive content.
Our creative team obsesses about creating experiences that take people to new worlds of enhanced reality and engage their emotions by creating presence and empathy.
Our television division focuses on creating high quality documentaries and popular factual formats for major broadcasters. We incorporate immersive & interactive elements into our projects wherever possible in order to reach new audiences.
Our people have been at the cutting edge of telling stories with the latest advancements in imaging for the last decade during which time they have worked on projects with some of the world’s highest profile content brands and most respected on-screen talent.
These range from the FA Premier League, Ryder Cup and NBA in the worlds of sports through stereoscopic and ultra high definition co-productions with National Geographic and Discovery to projects for the BBC and Sky to landmark award winning shows including the BAFTA winning Sir David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive.